Welcome back to Perimeter West Eye Care! Our world is certainly a different place than when we last met. Though our procedures at Perimeter West Eye Care will be different as well, what hasn’t changed is our passion and drive to offer you and your family comprehensive eye and vision care in a safe, comfortable environment that you can confidently trust.
Please read below our new policies at Perimeter West Eye Care. These policies abide by the guidelines recommended by Gov. DeWine and Dr. Acton, in conjunction with the CDC, the AOA, and OOA.
- If you or any of your family members have experienced symptoms of the flu or COVID-19 in the 2 weeks prior to your appointment, please contact us so we may reschedule your appointment.
- Upon arrival, please remain in your car and call or text (614) 789-5559 to let staff know that you have arrived. We will call or text you to let you know when you may enter the building.
- In compliance with the government guidelines, your temperature and pulse oximetry will be taken at the door. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or more or a pulse ox of 94 or below will be rescheduled.
- Please wear a mask over your nose and mouth prior to entering the building. Our staff and doctors will be wearing masks as well.
- Only patients with scheduled appointments will be permitted to enter the office. If the patient is a minor, one parent will be allowed to accompany your child. All other guests are prohibited.
If you have a previously scheduled appointment or pre-appointment, please pay close attention to the date of time for which you are scheduled as it may have changed. If the new date/time is inconvenient for you, please contact the office to reschedule. You should receive notification of your scheduled appointment details within the next few days.
For the safety of all, we have implemented new policies within our optical. Samantha, our optician, will expertly select eyeglasses frames for you to try on and bring them to you as you remain seated. This allows us to maintain organization over frames that will then be disinfected.
If you are uncomfortable making a decision about frames while wearing a face mask, we will happily box up a small selection of frames for you to take home and try on in the comfort of your home. We ask that you return the frames within 3 days.
In addition to eyeglasses frames, we will thoroughly sanitize surfaces between each patient including doorknobs, faucets, counters, and equipment.
We thank you in advance for your patience as we implement our new policies and procedures. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Blake and Dr. Cleveland